Wake Forest Summer Credit Program
- Participated in academic courses delivered by WFU professors, including Social Science Research Methods, Essay Writing, and Cultural Adjustment for International Students in American Universities.
- Completed a research project to explore whether exercise could decrease depression.
- Received 2 Credits from Wake Forest University (Grade: A-, 92.5).
Student Union of International Department of Beijing No.35 High School
- Grew from an intern in the Management Department of the Student Union and became the President of the Student Union.
- Hosted five large-scale campus events during two-year tenure (Cuisine and Culture Exhibition, Mid-Autumn Poetry Creative Competition, Teacher-Student Promotion Activities, Orientation Activities, and Mid-Autumn Festival Cultural Activities), contributed to the enjoyment to students’ campus lives, and spread positive campus culture together with instructors and teammates in Student Union.
- Helped improve the living environment within the school by translating the menu for foreign teachers, finding ways to eliminate waste, establishing lost and found cabinet, and designing the official school uniform T-shirt.
2017-2018 & 2018-2019 ZIA Super Speaker Contest
- Participated in ZIA Super Speaker Contest for two consecutive years, delivered five speeches, and won the school championship in 2018 and 2019.
- Delivered speeches of Me in 20 Years and Dream in April and July 2018 to express confusions and aspirations of adolescences.
- Delivered a speech of What Can Youngsters Bring to the World, Thanksgiving, and Nourish Life by Reading in May, July and December 2019 to promote reading, foster the sense of responsibility and retrospect school life, and show appreciations to people around us and even to Chinese identity and the peaceful life in China, which appeals to improve ourselves and benefit others.
- Participated in 3 debate competitions on the following themes: Whether Income or Interest Determines Major Selection, Whether Self-Affirmation or Others’ Affirmation Determines the Standard of Success and The Advantages and Disadvantages of Linguistic Imperialism as the fourth debater.
- Read literature and watched debate videos to learn how to formulate thesis statements, refute the opposite views, and summarize our point of view.
- Awarded the title of the Best Debater two times and received the 2nd place in the debate competition at BJ35.
The Spring Study Trip in Danzhai, China
- Worked as a volunteer teacher in an underdeveloped region, Danzhai city.
- Delivered a two-period lesson about Chinese and Western Philosophy by involving John Locke’s Tabula Rasa, Plato’s cave, and Chuang-tzu’s dream of a butterfly to let the students came into contact with philosophy.
- Maintained a long-term correspondence with them and organized students at Beijing No.35 High School to donate books to them.
Zero Waste in Tian’anmen Square
- Picked up cigarettes, chewing gum, wastepaper, and empty bottles in Tiananmen Square, Beijing.
- Advertised Zero Waste Activity to both Chinese and foreign tourists and invited them to join the activity.
- Bought raw materials to make Chinese traditional windmills and cookies and participated in Changdian Temple Fair at Spring Festival.
- Sold those hand-made windmills and cranberry cookies to visitors and donated entire money to Zhicheng 1+ Foundation.
Echo believes in good science. Based on her grades, attendance, class participation and assignments, I would rate her academic performance in my class as superior. Echo has a number of strengths. Apart from her academic performance, Echo is always interested in supporting her peers. For example, during the tutorial classes, she helped her peers with solving past examination papers and presented arguments logically like a leader. She is a highly motivated individual who wants to excel in the field of Biochemistry. I wish her all the very best!
Yuejia has made all-around development in the following fields: she works hard and spares no efforts in her studies; as leader of the Student Union, she is dedicated and meticulous; she strives hard and never gives up in the sports field; she is always helpful and patient to her peer's questions; she is a good spiritual writer with serious feelings and reflections; always keeping improving herself has made her a model figure for the students and highly recognized by the teachers.
Yuejia is one of the most diligent and persistent students I have ever met so far. Her handwriting is beautiful and she took great notes of calculus. She is very kind to other students and polite to teachers. Such a wonderful girl, with so many great qualities, will be successful in any fields in the future.